Sunday, October 10, 2010

Emma is FOUR!!!

I really cannot believe that Emma is FOUR!  I know that sounds so cliché but it’s true!  I went into her room on the eve of her fourth birthday and I hugged her and prayed for her and shed a few tears. I LOVE her birthdays…they are fun and exciting and at the same time, they are tough.  I want Emma to stay little…just a while longer!  : )

Here are a few photos from Emma’s Toy Story birthday party…  : )

IMG_5450

The hats.  From Target…they went well with the theme…embellished with pom poms and  ric rack and ball fringe from my Grandma’s stash.  It put a smile on my face to be able to use her goodies!

IMG_5458

The patio all decorated for the party…the balloons had not arrived yet.  It was in the 70s and sunny.

IMG_5460

A close up of the fun “lollies” in the patio pots. They were huge and oh so fun!  I made them using Toy Story wrapping paper and stickers and wrapping paper from the dollar section at Target and a bit of tulle.  The centers of a few of the lollies were paper decorations from the summer clearance section at Target.

IMG_5464

This photo makes me smile!  : )

IMG_5469

The birthday girl!

IMG_5473

My girl is SERIOUS about Buzz and Woody.  ; )

IMG_5478

IMG_5491

IMG_5493

IMG_5535

The cake.  It was kind of messy (we added waaaay too much frosting) but it was still cute and lots of fun.

IMG_5540

IMG_5543

I had to include this photo…  Because of Emma’s reflux and texture issues, this is the FIRST birthday party that she has ever been able to actually eat her own cake and cupcakes without incident!!  Whew!!!

IMG_5547

The rainbow cake!

IMG_5555

Reading two of her new books before bedtime…  “Too Many Tamales” and “Guatemala ABCs”.  AND, even after the party, she still had Woody and Jesse on her mind!!  : )

Sweet dreams, birthday girl!  Mommy loves you!!

God bless, Tera

9 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

I can't believe how big she is! And beautiful. Happy Birthday Emma!

The Best Family said...

what a fun, fun party! and oh, your sweet girl is even more beautiful than ever!! how can these babies of ours be four already?? happy birthday, emma!!

Alleen said...

Happy 4th Birthday Emma!!! She is just beautiful. The party decorations were awesome!!! I love those lollies!!

R. Sutphin said...

I'm so happy she could eat her cake without reflux problems!! I've been wondering how that was going.

Tracey said...

Oh my goodness, what fun! Emma looks so happy and beautiful =) Love the extra added goodies to the hats and the lollies are too cute!
Hugs and blessings, Tracey

Lynn said...

Aaaah, HaPpY HaPpY BiRtHdAy Emma girl!! I LOVE Toy Story too; what a fun party theme! How big you are getting and I can still remember your very first pictures! Slow down, little one - SLOW DOWN! :")
Love and hugs,
Lynn

Pam Thomas said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! Looks like she had a GREAT time.

Judy said...

Happy birthday Emma! I know your feeling Tera - I don't want Emily to grow up too fast either. Every day is 'so' precious!

Susan said...

Hi Tera, a belated birthday to Emma. Eddie is having a Toy Story theme too! Time goes by so quickly. Come by and visit, new pics and a new grand daughter too! Hugs