Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Crib Has Been Converted

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon converting Emma’s crib to a toddler bed and re toddler proofing her room. 

Emma has been able to swing her leg over the crib bar and shimmy out of her crib for months and months…however, we purchased The Cozy Crib Tent when we first discovered that she could swing her leg up and over the crib bar and the crib tent purchase bought her a few additional months in her crib.  BUT, with that said, she eventually shredded her poor crib tent and created a hole that was so large, she was able to fit her entire body through it.  So, we decided that the time had come to convert her crib into a toddler bed.

cribcrawlingout

Evidence as to WHY a crib conversion was necessary!!   : O

cribconverted

A photo of the converted crib.  I absolutely LOVE this crib and Emma does too…it was one of my favorite purchases when we decided on items for Emma’s room.

After we converted the crib to a toddler bed, we re toddler proofed her room since she is now able to get out of bed at will and wander about.  We removed her large, upholstered rocking chair out of the room (she has just started to use it to reach items on the top of her book shelf).  We moved her changing table to our room because she is now able to climb up to the top of it using the drawer pulls (YIKES!)  We also secured her bookshelf to the wall because she is trying to use it as a jungle gym (she’s a climber).  We recovered a few of her outlets that were exposed due to moved furniture and we moved a little fan (aka the noise maker) to the top of her book shelf.  Her room is pretty stripped down.  She has her toddler bed, a book shelf and a soft mini chair along with a few stuffed animals and board books.

cribconverted2

Reading a story with Papa before bedtime.  : )

So, are you wondering how Emma did last night…her first night in her toddler bed?  She did really well!!  She woke up one time and was a bit disoriented but after a few hugs from Papa, she went right back to sleep.  : )

I love you, sweet girl!  You are getting SO BIG, SO quickly!!  (Slow down…just a wee bit…Mommy’s heart is hurting just a little…)  ; )

God bless,

Tera

6 comments:

Susan said...

Cute bed! Eddie has been climbing out too into his moms bed:( She is so pretty! Happy Easter! Hugs

Lynn said...

That little rascal!! Of course I can't say much - I was a climber too!! : ) In fact, I pretty much climbed everything in sight as well... broke the canopy on my bed from jumping up and grabbing it and swinging across the room from the canopy to land on my dresser top! (sigh.. my poor mama!)

I love Emma's little bed - it's just perfect for her! Just keep clicking those kodak moments and storing them up in your heart. They do whizz by so fast!

Enjoyed once again browsing through Jimmy's wedding pictures - special times!

Love and hugs!

Angie said...

Aww she is just so precious. I love the last picture of her and her daddy. She is a gorgeous girl!

Sue said...

Aw Sweetie. I'm sure it is so bittersweet as you watch Emma go through these stages.

She's a little monkey that one though. Hopefully her climbing phase will be quick and without incidence ;-)

Big hugs & Happy Easter xo

Mama Bear said...

Oh how I know that feeling all too well. I have such a hard time believing that Emily is truly 2 1/2 years old. How and when did that happen? Since I can't life over 5# we are looking at converting Emily's crib into a toddler bed as well.

Julie said...

Awww....bitter/sweet huh? The baby chapter is closed and now she's a real little girl. Her toddler bed is so cute...where have the months flown to already though. You're a wise mommy to think ahead about all the dangers and take care of those like you have. It's always a pleasure to visit here.
God bless.