Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sliding, Swimsuits and My Man with the Fuzzy Pink Purse

I will cover those topics in just a sec but first, before I forget...  Here are a few of Emma's new sayings from the past week:

"Oh maaaaaaaaan!!!"  (Translation:  Oh man.  LOL.)

and

"Mmmmmmm...that's-ah good!!"  (I have no idea why she says "thats'ah"...it kinda sounds Italian...LOL.)

and

"Mmmmmmm...that's a chip!!"

and

"Pizza"

and

"Optacle"  (Translation:  Popsicle.)

and

"Jimmy"  (Emma has been calling my brother Jimmy "Gigi" for a long time.  As of this week, she can now officially pronounce "Jimmy" correctly.  Let's just say that "Gigi" is very happy about this new development.)

and

"Mommy"  (Emma has been able to say "Mama" for some time and "Mommy" for the past couple of weeks.  But, this week, she has REALLY been using "Mommy" all of the time.  I LOVE IT!!!)

Okay, onward.  : )

Still working on basement odds and ends...and, we probably will be for some time...well, 'cause we're slow.  ; P  And, because we bought a "fixer upper" house, we are always working on something.  : D 

I picked out the pics today that I plan to hang above the downstairs sofa.  Emma and I went to Michael's to buy frames.

Here are a few pics from the past week or two.  : )

june51

Emma loves this slide.  After she used it at my sister's house and loved it so much, my sister gave it to Emma and it now resides in our backyard.  : )

june5suit3

 

 

 

 

I LOVE Emma's smile in this photo.

 

It has not been very warm at all this spring.  But the other day, it was warm enough to wear a swimsuit and to fill Emma's swimming pool for the afternoon.  She had LOADS of fun!  Here are a few pool pics...

 

 

 

 

 june5suit

junesuit2

june5planes

june5feet This is a fun photo.  : )  It's an overhead view of Emma in the jogging stroller.  : )

When it's nice outside, Emma and I take long stroller rides in the morning. 

She likes to take her shoes off mid ride and put her feet up.  Hee Hee.  : )  I just had to take a photo of my little lounger.

june5munchkin1

 

 

My little Munchkin.  : )

This shirt...  It was my shirt and I wore it when I was about Emma's age.  : )  My Grandma sews and she likes to use up patches, extra trim and ribbon to decorate play shirts.  It is very special to see Emma wear my baby clothes.

 

 

 

 

june5munchkin2

Collecting rocks.  : )

june5jasonpurse

Real men carry fuzzy pink purses.

God bless,

bloggersignature

4 comments:

TheOilHippie said...

Awwww!!!!! Such a cutie pie. I love her smile :)

Mama Bear said...

I just can't get over how grown up she is already looking, where did that BABY go!!!!!

LOVE the pink fuzzy Jason!

Kimberly said...

I agree real men do carry fuzzy pink purses, how cute!! I can't believe how big Emma is getting. She looks like a little toddler now. She is growing up waaay too fast; I'm sure you agree; but I know how true that is, my baby graduated from high school at the end of May; it has flown by; cherish the moments.

Laura said...

Your daughter Emma is SOOOOO cute! I got a little emotional reading your entry about how every day with her is a gift! Our youngest three children are also adopted (from the same birthmom!) My little Maddie is two and a half, and looks a little similar to your Emma! (Her birth dad was different than that of her brothers, so she is a lot darker, and has a SMILE and EYES to die for, just like your daughter!) They are so precious and I am so grateful for adoption also!!! I will have to read up on your blog to get more of the story! If you look at my adoption link on the side of my blog you can read about our adoption story! Thanks for your comment earlier.