Friday, August 1, 2008

A Gift for Caterina and a Sign of the Times

caterinafoodsmaller 

I love this photo...  Our sponsored student Caterina receiving a gift of food.  It is such a blessing to receive photos like this.  Please keep Caterina and her family in your prayers.

Before I sign off, a little Emma update.  : )

Emma's newest words/phrases:

*  guinea pig (I know...random...she learned this from a picture book)

*  thumb tack (also random)

*  I don't want that

*  I don't like that

*  I know (LOL)

*  Let's see...

*  I get it

*  I did it

She also goes around closing doors....she will then knock on a door and say "come iiiinnnnnnnnn...."   LOL.  I think she learned that from "Jack's Big Music Show".  She is so funny.

A sign of the times...  While Emma is watching TV, if there is a part that she likes and wants to see again, she will grab the remote control and frantically hand it to me as soon as the part that she is interested in is over.  Why???  Because SHE UNDERSTANDS what Tivo can do!  She understands that I can rewind her show with Tivo and allow her to watch her favorite parts over and over.  *sigh*  Yes, a sign of the times.  A child of the 21st century.

bloggerGEMsignature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I'm cracking up about the TiVO. Doesn't take them long to run the remote huh?? How sweet!

Again, I am so happy for the joy you are experiencing as a Mom! Yay God for His precious gift of Emma to you!!!

Big hugs xo

Kimberly said...

she is growing so; I can't believe how long her hair is getting. Your blog looks great!!! I had not visited in awhile, so had to catch up. Thanks for your comment too.

If anyone does need a blog set up my sister would be thrilled if you sent them her way as she has added that to her site, and would do that for anyone, not just those adopting. The scrapbook kits are so awesome!!! Her site is http://www.thestoryofyou.net/ Just a thought.

Mama Bear said...

oh tooooo funny with the tivo, I'm still trying to figure ours out!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tera,

Just out blog hopping and wanted to stop in and say HI! I can't believe how fast Emma is growing...and that she understands the concept of TiVO! How cute is that? She's absolutely gorgeous!!! Such a blessing!

Lotsa hugs!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...that was me...hit publish too fast!

Lotsa hugs!